...and that's good ol' Tom Turkey coming round to the dinner table! Get ready to spin that lazy Susan- we're having a full throttle feast!
Now I know you must all be wondering, "What the heck is a Thanksgiving topic doing on the political section?" Well I'll throw you a line, with a few simple holiday-related questions. Most importantly, don't forget to restate your answer. Now get gobbling!
1. Given the religious connotations surrounding Thanksgiving, should it really be considered a national holiday? Explain.
2. Let's think about our Japanese friends. They celebrate Labor Thanksgiving Day on Novemnber 23rd every year. What is the correlation between that and Liberia 1820? What about Thanksgiving Day?
3. Do you think that Thanksgiving has beginning to start a trend of early Christmas shopping?
4. Let's look back on the Turkey pardon. Is Turkey Hill all that it's cracked up to be?
*Critical Thinking* Please provide 6-8 sentences describing
5. There has been rumor going around that the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade will be cancelled next year, and so on, due to the clogging of city streets. There is speculation that there may be rioting as a result of this cancellation. What do you think will or would be the outcome of this hazardous situation? Is it really fair to the people to cancel the parade? What significance does a parade have to offer?
Wow, that was a mouthful! I doubt you'll even dare to take on one of them. Well, I better get back to my boat. Gravy boat, that is! Happy Thanksgiving from me, baseball777 to you, ______!